As always, all your contributions at the festival must be made in Croatian Kuna currency. We cannot accept euro or any other currency and we don’t exchange money. You may find various ATMs and exchange offices beforehand on our map: https://www.summertango.com/map-of-festival-locations/
We fell in love with Istria way before MSTF, making it a dream location for our tango festival. We know countless hours spent dancing can make it hard to wake up the next day, even for the boat trip party-fest. Therefore, alongside it, this year we are offering you a calm alternative: an Arts & Wine road trip! Istria is sometimes referred to as the “Croatian Tuscany”, with its picturesque hilltop towns, beautiful vineyards and delicious truffles.
We will visit the most artistic town in Croatia, Grožnjan (Grisignana), an artists’ colony with only 185 permanent inhabitants! Every summer, it turns into a visual arts and music metropolis, hosting several jazz festivals and 28 art galleries!
Our next stop is Motovun, another tiny place renowned for its famous film festival. Our trip concludes at the Cosetto winery, where we will taste 7 varieties of wine and some authentic istrian delicacies: olive oil, cheese, ham, “fritule”, cod fish…
If you’d be intersted in joining us at this wonderful road-trip in Poreč, let us know by filling up the details in this short registration form. We’ll get back at you with details when the festival draws closer.
Check some nice photos of the locations you’ll be visiting in the event discussion.
Dear friends, we have an important change in our festival roster. For obvious personal reasons (awaiting baby), Juana Sepulveda will not be able to attend the Poreč festival. We are lucky to welcome the incredible Moira Castellano stepping in for all the workshops and seminar 🙂
Time to suffer – in a good way
1. Special 4-day seminar: Precision in technique through body-work and awareness
3. Sacadas for men and women
4. Complex sequences
5. Combination sacadas, boleos, ganchos
March is just around the corner. As every year, we are giving you a sneak-peek at the workshops of our maestros. First up, Pablo & Corina. And guys, technique for leaders! 🙂
- Introduction to structure and space in the dance. Looking for possibilities from simple structure
- Introduction to tango styles
- Follower’s technique with Corina
- Leader’s technique with Pablo
- Connection and communication in the couple, key elements
- Turns and enrosques, looking for new possibilities
- Improvisation I: Orchestras! History of develop of tango music, elements for interpretation. Understanding rhythmic and melody of tango. rhythmic
- Improvisation II: Elements for improvisation, combinations and possibilites changing linear and circular movements. Over-pivot and embrace
- Improvisation III: Milonguero sequences, all in the close embrace